- Marian Manor
- Vincentian de Marillac
- Vincentian Home
- Vincentian Villa
- VCS Administration Building
- Marian Manor Child Development Center
- Vincentian Child Development Center
- Vincentian Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- Senior Living Options
- Rehabilitation & Therapy
- Child Care
- Giving & Volunteering
Rocking for Residents 2013
6/8/2013 - 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Location:Marian Manor, Vincentian Home, Vincentian de Marillac
Join Sister Patricia Eleanor, SHS, and all of us
June 8, 2013, from 12:00 – 3:30 p.m. when we’ll be Rocking for Residents—our Vincentian Residents—all across Allegheny County.
Help our Homes raise money to buy some comforting "extras" for the elderly residents in their care: blankets and blanket-warmers to soothe aches and pains and install personal television sets to allow residents to remain engaged and entertained in the comfort of their own rooms!
What is Rocking for Residents?
For Rocking for Residents, participants are pledging to sit and rock for a period of time. Sisters, residents, friends and families will be rocking the day away—with pledged rocking in 15 minute intervals (for example $5.00 for every 15 minutes would mean $20.00 for one hour of rocking). More than a fundraiser, it’s a FUN raiser. Entertainment! Food! Raffles! Games! Prizes! Bake Sales! Fun for families and friends of all ages.
Where will Rocking for Residents Happen?
- Marian Manor, 2695 Winchester Drive, Green Tree, 15220
- Vincentian de Marillac, 5300 Stanton Avenue, Pittsburgh, 15206
- Vincentian Home, 111 Perrymont Road, Pittsburgh, 15237
How You Can Help:
Be a Rocker!
- Visit our Rocking for Residents site and start collecting donations for the home you choose to support. You can register online or print out a supporter pledge sheet.
- Pre-register by calling the Rocking for Residents hotline at 412-548-4056. Let us know if you are rocking in honor or memory of a loved one.
- Anyone who raises $100 or more in donations may choose to receive a free T-shirt at the event!
- Bring friends and family to join you for entertainment, games, raffles and fun, as you rock on June 8th.
- Can’t attend on June 8th? Just sign up to be a virtual rocker through the Rocker Registration tab and collect pledges on your individual web page!
Support a Rocker!
Visit our Rocking for Residents site and give a donation to support our rockers. You may select the facility you are donating toward or choose “support for Vincentian’s greatest needs” and your donation will be shared among the facilities. Your name will be read by the emcee at the event in honor of your gift!
Be an Event Sponsor!
Make a Rock Star donation to help our residents. We love to recognize our greatest supporters; there are many ways to maximize your gift. We can structure a package that works for you! Call Laura at 412-548-4056 for more information about making a gift of $1,000 or more.
If you can volunteer by serving on our planning committees, asking for contributions from local businesses, marketing, helping to spread the word, or can help on June 8, we would love to have you join our efforts!
Register to be a Volunteer Sign up on our Rocking for Residents site
Or call Joyce at 412-548-4060 for more information.
PRE-EVENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Fundraising getting contributions from local businesses
- Marketing and promotions
- Make phone calls or assist with mailings
- General Set-up and Decorating (June 7, afternoon)
On event day, volunteer to be a greeter, assist at registration tables, provide wheelchair transport to residents, serve refreshments, run raffles and games AND Clean-Up!
- 11 a.m. -1:30 p.m. - Set-up and Morning Activities
- 11 a.m. - 2p.m. - Refreshments - Set-up and Serve
- Noon-3:30 p.m. - Escort
- 1:30 - 4 p.m. - Afternoon Activities and Take-down
- 2 - 5 p.m. Refreshments - Serve and Clear
Families and groups are welcome!